We at Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan respect and protect the privacy of our customers. Our ongoing commitment is to ensure that we respect the privacy of our customers when handling personal information relating to you and your transactions with us.
What we collect
In the course of doing business, we may collect and hold information about the organisations with whom we engage as customers, partners or suppliers. We may also collect and hold information about individuals within those organisations or individuals within whom our customers or we engage directly.
Please note that the type of personal information we collect and hold depends on the nature of our interaction with you. We only collect and hold personal information that within reason is necessary depending on the nature of the interaction.
We collect the following personal information from our customers:
- Customer name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and email) and trade references (if required for purposes of opening a trading account with Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan),
- Names and addresses of the directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and any personal guarantors, which are collected as a part of our credit application process,
- Contractor name, address, licence, contact and emergency contact details, which are used for the purposes of managing our various contractors in accordance with the requirements of our customers and our business requirements.
We may also collect and use personal information provided by supplier organisations to:
- Manage our accounts payment and ordering systems,
- Improve our internal procurement management processes, and
- Otherwise improve our relationship with our suppliers.
How we use and collect personal information
The personal information is collected for the purpose of fulfilling your requests for products and services, performing the necessary credit checks in accordance with our credit application processes, marketing our goods and services (including direct marketing) and receiving payment.
Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan may collect your personal information:
- Directly from you, when you place an order, where you access and interact with any Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan website including www.savannacaravan.com and www.travellingbead.com.
- With Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan customer service personnel.
- Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan may also collect information about you that is publicly available including information from social media websites and corporate websites.
- There may be occasions when Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan collects personal information from a third party.
If Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan receives personal information that Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan has not requested in the form of unsolicited information and Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan determines that it could not have collected that information under the Australian Privacy Principles if Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan had requested it, then Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan will destroy or de-identify the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
Who has access to personal information?
Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan and any employees of Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan may have access to and use your personal information.
‘Cookies’ and SSL
Our websites utilise “cookies” to provide you with a more convenient shopping experience, such as remembering your login name and password, purchase history and maintaining items in your shopping cart if you leave the site before checkout.
Our website is secured by an SSL certificate to protect your privacy.
Personal information is used by Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan for its legitimate business purpose, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying you and for servicing our relationship with you. We may also use your contact details for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence to you. You may make a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications.
Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information. We will not disclose personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles are:
- Use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or serious improper conduct
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings; or
- You have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to us disclosing the information about you.
How do you update your Personal Information and have access to it?
At Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan we seek to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date. Our Account Receivable Team are dedicated to maintaining customer profiles on a daily basis. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, contact us and we will correct it.
On request we will provide you with access to the personal information we store about you, but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required under the Australian Privacy Principles.
If we are unable to give you the access requested, we will, if reasonable, consider whether the use of an intermediary would allow sufficient access to meet both our needs. We will also provide you with the reasons for our inability to give you the access requested.
Security and Storage of Data
At Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan we will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. After all, it is in our interests to make sure you feel confident shopping with us.
Information collection pages, the shopping cart and the checkout pages are protected by SSL technology to provide the highest level of security.
Personal data is held on servers controlled by our ISP (Internet Service Provider). This data is protected by the highest level of security.
Authorised members in our customer service personnel and in Marketing, Finance and IT Service have access to our customers’ personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures.
As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan receives your transmission, it is committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration.
Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan retains your contact details for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities. Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan does not store credit card details, which are held by your third party payment organisation.
Contact us about Privacy
Telephone: +612 430 283 066
Should you not be satisfied with the outcome, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission.
‘Customer’ refers to both external clients of Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan and internal employee clients of Oyster Innovations trading as Savanna Caravan.